About the Workshop.
A 4-week workshop using movement and purpose-based play for kids (ages 6 - 9) with ADHD, for kids who would like additional practice in motor coordination, calming/focusing skills; and, for those who love to MOVE! Using therapeutic movement and purpose-based play we will integrate a new focus, weekly.
We will be highly active for 30 minutes in a structured, playful class while incorporating breath and awareness tools. The last 10 - 15 minutes of class, each student will use the sensory gym to self-direct transferring what we've learned in class in a "real life" environment. Because other kids will be in the gym, and the gym is a VERY fun place, it's the perfect environment to begin practicing awareness and calming tools.
Students will receive weekly handouts including tools for each week's focus as well as handouts on calming and focusing techniques. Students will also receive tracking guides for daily practice and parents will recieve weekly summaries of the work we're doing.
- Tuesdays 4:15 - 5:00pm
- November 28th - December 19th, 2017
- Ages 6 -9
- Limit: 4 students per class
- Location: We Rock the Spectrum, Littleton (Now called Family Connections) - 8601 W. Cross Dr. Ste. B6-2, Littleton, CO 80123
- Price: $70 for full workshop. Price includes 4 handouts, tools for at home practice, 45 minute purpose-based classes, small group environment, and one hour of free open play after each class.
- What to bring each week: water bottle and students should wear comfortable clothing.
- Week 1: Introduction to self-awareness including spatial, breath, emotion and regulation
- Week 2: Applying calming and focusing techniques, continuing to practice awareness; Motor control and emotional communication.
- Week 3: Balance (physical, emotional, and energetic); Calming and Focusing Techniques; Continuing to practice awareness.
- Week 4: Putting it all together with self-driven practices and reflective activities
Each weekly focus sounds very technical, but I implement these in fun, creative ways!